Judgement Collections

When one party harms the other by committing an act that reduces their quality of life or places them in financial harm due to a breach of contract, this is a civil dispute. If this happens to be you, you can file a lawsuit for judgment collections. If you and the defendant cannot settle, then the matter goes to a superior trial, where either a jury or judge will make the determination of who committed the wrong and to what extent.  Then the judgment will be entered and filed. A judgment is a piece of paper that says “judgment” on the top and clearly states what the responsibilities of all parties are after the trial.  You can enforce a judgment for 10 years in the state of California after it is finalized.

Collecting your judgment can be frustrating and difficult, but that is why we are here to help. The court does not get your money for you but gives you and your lawyer the tools needed to successfully obtain all the funds that you deserve so that you can go back to living a financially stable life.

Here are some of the ways we can help you collect your judgement:

Voluntary Payment from Debtor

In the best possible scenario, the debtor will agree to settle the case and pay the funds owed. While this is not always possible, it does happen and should be attempted before more severe measures are taken.

Obtain a List of the Debtors Assets, and Then Collect

Make a list of the debtors’ assets such as car, houses, bank accounts, etc. After this is complete, the court can help us collect these funds until they have paid you back, assuming the value of the property adds up to the amount owed.

Various Other Methods

If the debtor owns a business, is hiding behind a supportive employer, or is hiding funds in an offshore account, these can all be used to collect funds. The debtor’s drivers license can also be suspended until payment is made.

Ibrahim and Daugherty Law is Here to Make Sure You Are Reimbursed in Full


Contact Us